Tips & Tricks For a Great Open House
Manassas sellers need to know that holding a great open house is more than just plopping a sign in the front yard.
- Start with advertising the open house on the MLS listing two weeks prior to the open house. When advertised on the Realtor MLS it will show up on the consumer side in HomesDataBase.com. and Realtor.com
- Create a business card about the open house with a photo on the front-time & date on back. Have them on the counter at the home and have the seller give them out at work.
- Send out an invitations to the neighborhood. Your neighbors may know someone who is looking to buy in your neighborhood.
- Send out invitation to your past & present client list. They may not be buying anytime soon but may know of someone who is.
- Put an Open House sign in the front yard a week before with date & time. It will let those buyers who are checking out neighborhoods know when they can tour the home.
- Promote the open house on Facebook Marketplace as well as other social media sites and ask friends to share the information.
- Create a YouTube Video and promote the open house on the video
- If you have a website be sure to promote the open house there.
- Blog about the open house. Give a description, pictures and directions for locating the property.
- The day of the open, put up at least seven directional arrows with balloons to draw attention.
- About 30 minutes prior to the open house put some cinnamon in a little foil cup, turn on the oven long enough to heat up then turn the oven off & open the day.
- Have all the lights on and the front door open.
- Be sure the lawn was trimmed the day before and the house is clutter free.
Looking for information on real estate in Prince William County, Manassas or Manassas Park check out www.PrinceWilliamCountyHomeInfo.com
Whether you are a first time buyer or an experienced investor, you will find useful information about how to choose the "right" property, making an offer, negotiating, financing, mortgage rates, moving, and everything involved in making an informed real estate decision in today´s market.